Getting your Louisville Kentucky VA Loan Approval
We will cover the Proof of Eligibility Process below but in general, the following people are eligible for a VA-Backed Home Loan:
* Active duty personnel
* Reservists/National Guard members
* Some surviving spouses
You’ll need a Certificate of Eligibility before you can get a VA-backed loan. This section shows how you can apply for one.
Among categories A, B, and C below, find the one that matches your situation.
|Category A: Veterans, Active Duty, and Reservists/National Guard Members Who Have Served on Active Duty|
You can get a Certificate of Eligibility in any of three ways:
1. Apply online. Go to the Veterans Information Portal (http://vip.vba.va.gov) and click on User Registration. Click Here for user instructions for applying online.
2. Apply through us. In many cases, we can obtain a Certificate online in minutes. Check the table below entitled, “Evidence Needed for the Certificate of Eligibility.”
3. Apply by mail. Use VA Form 26-1880. Return it to the address shown on the form. If you can’t print the form, just call 1-888-244-6711 and follow the prompts for Eligibility.
Evidence Needed for the Certificate of Eligibility:
|If you are:||You need to submit:|
(Includes a member or former member of the National Guard or Reserves who was once activated for Federal Service)
|DD Form 214; We are required to have a copy showing the character of service (item 24) and the narrative reason for separation (item 28).|
|Active Duty Servicemember||A current statement of service signed by (or by the direction of): the adjutant, personnel office, or commander of the unit or higher headquarters showing:|
Your full name
Social Security Number
Date of birth
Entry date on active duty
The duration of any lost time
The name of the command providing the information
11) Not Active: Please include copy of DD214 if not currently active
Active: Copy of Current “Service Statement” (obtained from base personnel or online) and PCS Orders to Michigan
12) Copy of VA Certificate of Eligibility (or fill out VA form 26-1880) and fax to me.