Fill out my form!
- Kentucky First-time Home Buyer Programs
- Kentucky General Mortgage Guide for Underwriting Approval
- Credit Scores Needed for a Kentucky Mortgage Loan
- KENTUCKY FHA MORTGAGE LENDER GUIDELINES
- Zero Down Home Loans available in Kentucky
- Kentucky USDA Rural Development Housing Zero Down
- Kentucky VA Home Loans Mortgage Guidelines
- KHC Loan Programs Down Payment Assistance for 2018
- (HARP) Home Affordable Refinance Program HARP 2.0
- Common Questions from First-time Home-buyers in Kentucky
- Documents Needed for Mortgage Loan Approval in Kentucky
- Do's & Dont's before closing:
- Download Free Credit Score Booklet
- Mortgage Calculator for Kentucky FHA, VA, USDA, KHC Mortgage Loans
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Kentucky USDA Refinance Funds Have Been Exhausted for Fiscal Year 2012
Kentucky USDA Refinance Funds Have Been Exhausted for Fiscal Year 2012!
August 21, 2012
USDA Mortgage Purchase and Refinance Funding Update for Kentucky Homeowners and Buyers
This announcement is to inform you of the current commitment authorities available for the Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program (SFHGLP) loans.
Due to a change in Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 fee structure which goes into effect October 1, 2012, Lenders are urged to check with States to determine application processing time frames before underwriting applications.
USDA Mortgage Refinance Funds:
FY (fiscal year) 2012 USDA Mortgage refinance funds have been exhausted.
We expect to run out of refinance commitment authority no later than Monday, August 20, 2012. When USDA Mortgage refinance commitment authority is exhausted, refinance loan requests for which a conditional commitment (Form RD 1980-18) has not been issued will be returned to the lender and require underwriting under the fiscal year 2013 fee structure. The FY 2013 fee structure will require a one-time upfront guarantee fee of 2 percent and an annual fee of 0.40 percent. At this time, the Agency will not issue conditional commitments “subject to” receipt of FY 2013 funding or commitment authority.
USDA Mortgage Purchase Funds:
Lenders are urged to be cognizant of the differing backlogs and processing time frames from state to state. If it is determined unrealistic that the State will be able to review the USDA loan guarantee application and issue a conditional commitment before September 30, 2012, lenders are urged to underwrite the USDA Mortgage application at the FY 2013 fee structure. The FY 2013 guarantee fee structure will require purchase and refinance loans to carry a one-time upfront guarantee fee of 2 percent and an annual fee of 0.40 percent.
In addition, if the state where the property is located is experiencing longer processing time frames, lenders should advise the applicant accordingly when discussing interest rate locks and potential loan closing dates.
Joel Lobb (NMLS#57916)
Senior Loan Officer
Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Fill out my form!