- Credit Scores Required For A Kentucky Mortgage Loan Approval in 2022
- Down Payment Assistance Kentucky 2022 Kentucky Housing Corporation KHC
- Kentucky First-time Home Buyer Programs
- Kentucky FHA Mortgage Information
- Kentucky VA Mortgage Loan Information
- USDA Rural Housing Kentucky Loan Information
- Zero Down Kentucky Mortgages
- First-time Home-buyers in Kentucky
- Documents Needed Mortgage Approval in Kentucky
- 4 Things Required for a KY Mortgage Loan Approval
- Free Credit Score Booklet
- Do's & Dont's before closing:
- Closing Costs Kentucky Mortgage
- Lock Kentucky Mortgage Loan Rate
- Home Inspections Kentucky
- Accessibility Statement
Credit Scores Required for Kentucky Mortgage Loan Approvals for FHA, VA,...
Most lenders will wants a middle credit score of 620 for KY First Time Home Buyers looking to go no money down. The two most used no money down home loans in Kentucky being USDA Rural Housing and KHC with their down payment assistance will want a 620 middle score on their programs.
If you have access to 3.5% down payment, you can go FHA and secure a 30 year fixed rate mortgage with some lenders with a 580 credit score. Even though FHA on paper says they will go down to 500 credit score with at least 10% down payment, you will find it hard to get the loan approved because lenders will create overlays to protect their interest and maintain a good standing with FHA and HUD.
Another popular no money down loan is VA. Most VA lenders will want a 620 middle credit score but like FHA, VA on paper says they will go down to a 500 score, but good luck finding a lender for that scenario.
A lot of times if your scores are in the high 500’s or low 600’s range, we can do a rapid rescore and get your scores improved within 30 days.