"It has never been a better time to purchase a home through KHC," said Governor Steve Beshear. "With rates this low and down payment and closing costs assistance, Kentuckians who thought they would not be able to own a home now have an opportunity. These low rates will not last; buyers should contact a KHC-approved lender as soon as possible."
Purchasing a home through KHC is easy. Buyers work with a network of KHC-approved lenders and banking institutions that help the buyer throughout the purchasing process. There are also over 1,000 real estate agents who have become KHC-certified and have committed to helping their buyers with affordable home-financing solutions. A list of lenders and real estate agents is available on KHC's Website. Buyers should ask for a KHC loan.
"Kentuckians can feel comfortable purchasing a home through KHC," said Richard L. McQuady, chief executive officer of KHC. "KHC home loans start with us and end with us. When homeowners make a payment or call about their loan, they are talking to a KHC staff person at our office in Frankfort."
Kentucky Housing is able to offer these low rates through an extension of the New Issue Bond Program (NIBP), a federal bond purchase program provided by the U.S. Department of Treasury.
These special financing options are designed to lower your interest rate, down payment amount and/or closing costs. Here are a few examples:
- Federal Housing Association Louisville Kentucky FHA loans - These loans offer the benefit of a low, 3.5% down payment.
- Veterans Affairs Louisville Kentucky VA Loans - VA loans make 100-percent financing available to qualified military veterans with at least six months of active duty. This loan is also available to the unmarried spouses of a deceased veteran whose death was service related, or spouse of an MIA or POW.
- Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) - KHC loans are great for the first-time home buyer. They are subject to income guidelines.
- Competitive Kentucky USDA Mortgage Rates fixed - Click here for up-to-date rates.
- Low monthly mortgage insurance
- No down payment and no cash reserve requirements
- Finance up to 100% of purchase price, plus closing costs if home appraises for greater than purchase price
- One-time guarantee fee, can be financed into the loan
- Gift / Grant funds allowed
- Seller concessions allowed
- Home must be
located in an eligible rural area.
Eligible property types include existing and new construction single family residences, condominiums, Planned Unit Development's (PUD's), and new manufactured homes built by an approved dealer-contractor.
- Household income must not exceed the adjusted income limit for the area.
- Borrower must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or qualified alien.
To determine property and income eligibility or visit Rural Development's online eligibility website at: http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov.